Do you want all your business-critical information in one system?
Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
The document management platform Xtendis applies OCR for automating data entry and data processing. Optical Character Recognition (OCR) is the name of the technique that recognizes words and numbers from images of documents.
OCR application capabilities
Xtendis offers several possibilities for data recognition:
- The automatic allocation of document search keys;
- Making documents searchable in full text;
- Automating the registration and booking of invoices;
- The automatic transmission of information on documents to other systems.
Examples of OCR applications
Specifically, Xtendis offers the following OCR solutions:
- Automatic processing of application forms;
- Automatic post classification;
- Knowledge base features: documents and files can be found ‘Google-Style’, using random parts of their content as search criteria;
- Automatic capture of logistics documents, such as CMR documents and packing slips.
Xtendis is a document management solution with an integrated OCR function that can be applied to documents offered from different sources. When using Xtendis, no special OCR PDF or OCR scanner is required.
The benefits of Xtendis OCR are:
- Save time when digitally capturing documents.
- Fully automate data entry into systems (data entry processes).
- Extensive document search capabilities.
Various organizations in different market segments benefit from Xtendis OCR. Some examples include: