E-mail archiving by Xtendis
Billions of emails are sent and received every day. Keeping these messages in the e-mail system has the disavantage that they are only accessible to a limited extent. In addition, it leads to enormous amounts of duplication (multiple recipients store messages in their own structure).
The document management system Xtendis offers various possibilities for archiving email messages including:
- Archive email from Outlook. With the Xtendis Outlook Connector, e-mail messages can be archived directly in Xtendis.
- E-mail import. With the Xtendis e-mail import, folders with e-mail messages can be automatically imported into Xtendis.
E-mail archiving of Office Outlook
With the Outlook Connector, e-mail messages from Outlook can be archived directly in Xtendis. The Outlook Connector saves a huge amount of time:
- If an e-mail has been sent to several people and one of these people already archived the message in Xtendis, the other recipients will notice this so they can spare that time.
- The characteristics of the e-mail message such as the subject and the date are used by Xtendis when archiving the message.
- When archiving the email message, Xtendis suggests the characteristics (keys, tags) based on the former message from the sender. This allows an e-mail to be archived very quickly and with minimal effort.
Good to know if you want to archive e-mails: in addition to the archive copy in PDF or TIFF format, Xtendis will also store the original message, including any attachments.
E-mail import processes
The Xtendis e-mail import can automatically import folders with e-mail messages into Xtendis. Naturally, follow-up processes can be set up within Xtendis, which in turn can depend on the addressee and the sender. For example, e-mail messages addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org can be processed differently than e-mails received at the address email@example.com. Incoming job applications can also be sent to a separate folder. HR can then regularly clean up this folder in order to remain in compliance with the laws and regulations concerning privacy.
Benefits of E-mail archiving
Archiving e-mail in Xtendis has a number of major advantages compared to, for example, storing these messages in its own folder structure in your e-mail system. For example, e-mails archived in Xtendis are:
- Accessible to all employees who have access to Xtendis.
- Archived with all other documenttypes stored in Xtendis. So with one click you have an overview of all documents relating to, for example, a customer, case or project.
- Are safeguared for the long term because Xtendis converts them to standard archive formats (PDF or TIFF).
- Retrievable by all systems linked to Xtendis , for example ERP and / or CRM applications.
- Can be viewed on all devices on which Xtendis can be used, without the need for an e-mail application or specific app.
- Composite files: E-mail messages with attachments can be archived as a single document in Xtendis.
Want to learn more about the benefits of e-mail archiving in DMS Xtendis? Please contact us.