Organizations lose thousands of euro’s per employee every year simply because those employees have to search for information, create again and reconstruct.
Document management system Xtendis offers version management and makes an end to the proliferation of document versions. At the same time Xtendis takes care of an optimal availability of every desired version of a document.
Would you like to know what Xtendis can mean for your organization? Fill in the form below and receive within one day information about the opportunities, time saving and the payback period of Xtendis.
Version management is necessity
AIIM.org research shows that a document is copied 19 times on average and then stored in multiple forms in different forms, both in personal and shared structures. A big cause of this high number is created by the contemporary e-mail 'CC' culture, but also the creation of Microsoft Office documents often results in multiple copies of a document.
It is clear that if this happens in a uncontrolled environment, a lack of insight directly arises. Users create new versions without other colleagues knowing, and therefore the chance of double work, double version numbers and double documents increases exponential.
As soon as there is a need for overview or the most recent version of a document, it is very time-consuming or even impossible to meet this need.
Xtendis offers the solution for optimal version management
The DMS Xtendis offers the solution for optimal version management. Version management can live up to the following needs within the Xtendis document management platform:
- The permanent archiving and available making of all created versions of a document.
- An automated numbering system to indicate the correct version.
- A search function that always results in the latest version of a document.
- A revision process for the purpose of controlling the outgoing versions of documents.
- A check-in check-out safety mechanism to prevent that several people work with one document at the same time.
- A strictly framed quality process around publishing the most current version of a document. For example, checking an outbound quotation or authorizing a quality document.
Why version management with Xtendis?
The power of Xtendis version management is the distinction between the newest version of a document and the most actual/active version of a document. This concept is successfully being applied for multiple years in loads of quality systems, and Xtendis also relies on this success formula.
Because the Xtendis platform goes way beyond just version management, it also brings, among others, the following benefits:
- Every version knows its own rights structure, what makes the shielding and publishing of versions very easy.
- Each version is also converted to an unchangeable format and thus complies with the strictest archival requirements.
- Xtendis version management is fully integrated with the Xtendis Microsoft Office connector.
- Combine Xtendis version management with Xtendis Workflow and create advanced revision processes for new versions.
- Create new versions based on by Xtendis managed templates.
- Register all user handlings of versions with the help of the Xtendis Audit management module.
- Record notes and conversations at version level.
- Every version everywhere and at anytime directly available!
Would you like to know more about how Xtendis is applicable within your organization?