The base of Xtendis is shaped by some powerful server processes for the digital recording and searching back of large numbers of digital documents and files. The next management functionality can be adjusted within Xtendis to strengthen the function of the digital archive:
- Extensive authorization options: Xtendis offers very extensive security options, both at functional and document level. This means that the user can specify which functionality can be used for which documents.
Because both users and archives can be classified in groups and zones, the security is easy to arrange and manage. For example, within the digital archive, a zone can be created for each operating company. The documents that are located within this zone can then only be consulted by the relevant operating company while the holding company can consult the entire archive.
- Audit Trail: this module registers all actions of Xtendis-users. From these actions, overviews can be compiled based on different search criteria. Examples of criteria are: archives, files, documents, pages, notes, safety zones and users. All important actions are being recorded in an audit trail. Besides that all document related registrations can directly be requested from the document.
Xtendis audit trail offers administartors insight in one glance in all that has happened in Xtendis and it perfectly connects to the need of transparency and accessibility of information. The overviews of Xtendis Audit Trail are an excellent tool for implementing the ever stricter requirements in the area of Corporate Governance.
- E-mail Notification: with the help of the Xtendis E-mail Notification module, the digital archive automatically generates a notification to one or more specific users. In the adjustable message, the user can be called to perform an action or check with respect to a document. E-mail Notification can be used, for example, to bring the incoming documents to the attention and the automatic monitoring of due dates for contract management.
- Workflow: documents that have to be handled, for example mail or invoices, can be automatically offered with Xtendis Flow to the responsible employee(s). Xtendis flow enables an organization to make processes more transparent and to perform them more efficient. Xtendis Flow supports both definite and flexible processes.
- Task Server: the Xtendis Task Server can plan and execute Xtendis processes. This makes it possible to perform tasks at predetermined times without requiring manual operations.
A digital archive should be considered a part of the total information provision. This means that a digital archive will be linked where possible to and/or integrated into current applications and data bases.